Welcome! We're so glad you're here! We look forward to seeing you and helping you on your healthy journey.
Steps to becoming a new patient:
1. Call the office for an appointment or text us if you are local OR telemedicine visit for patients who live outside of the area
2. Read through What to Expect
3. Complete Forms online (tab for online forms)
New Patient Forms
* Please fill out and complete prior to your first appointment.
* Please fax forms to 844-350-3150 or email the forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
What can I expect as a New Patient?
1. In order to ensure the best care for all our patients, we require that our patients see a PCP yearly and women also need to see their gynecologist yearly. Prior to the first appointment, patients need to submit to the office a recent report from their PCP and Gynecologist, which should include an exam. Mammograms also need to be done yearly with a report mailed to the office.
2. All patients are required to be seen in the office at least once per year. Any changes in medications must include an in-office appointment prior to changes. Patients on thyroid medication need to be seen in the office at least every 6 months.
All of our new patients start with an hour-long comprehensive initial consultation with the physician. During this initial visit, the doctor will listen to you and your concerns, review your health history, family history, medications, and supplements, perform a physical exam, and take the time to understand your personal health goals.
After your initial consultation, your provider will recommend testing that will give her the most comprehensive insight into what your body needs to feel better. Once this testing is complete, we will see you back for a 30-minute follow-up where all of your results will be explained, and a customized health treatment plan will be developed for you. Your physician will explain all of your treatment options and will work with you to develop a plan that you are comfortable with and will generate the best and most sustainable results.
How often should I expect to be seen?
Our patients can expect to be seen back every 6-12 weeks in the initial year of treatment and to repeat testing every 3-6 months. This guarantees that you are achieving optimal levels in all aspects of your health and that your treatment plan is the most up-to-date for your needs.
What is your Insurance Policy?
Julie Taylor MD Center for Functional Medicine does not work directly with insurance and bills their patients at the end of their appointment. Our office is more than happy to create a superbill for you which is a document you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement. Reimbursement rates are dependent on your insurance provider and specific plan, so our office cannot make a guarantee on what you may get back. If you have any further questions about our insurance policy, you are always welcome to reach out to our office.